Note: Agenda is black text; Minutes inserted in red text
Reporting of Contingency rental plans: Autumn
QAMT rental increase
We pay $25 more per event even with the cleaning agreement
Everyone in attendance liked the cleaning parties after the Sunday masses, already on the hill, buses hard to get off of the hill on weeknights.
- 2nd Monthly Gnostic Mass; starting 11/13/04, 6pm, EoC
- Mass Furniture setup; 11/13/04, 4pm to 5pm, EoC
- E.G.C. Gnostic Mass Meeting; Overview of EGC Manual; Jim to expound on inquires and question. 11/20/04, 5pm to 8pm, EoC
- Minerval Initiation; 12/17/04, 8pm QAMT
- 4th Sunday Mass, QAMT, 3pm; Yule potluck, 12/26/04, 5pm to 8pm; Autumn is heading this event.
- Sacred Geometry, 12/29/04, 7pm to 9pm, A&O pad, socializing after class.
Continue with 2nd and 4th weekend Masses
Initiations; planning for February and March; see Shellay
CIT; 01/29/05, 9am to 6pm, QAMT
Fall Festival; 09/03/05, Time TBD (evening), QAMT; More of a formal function; Wine tasting and silent auction.
EC Autumn Meeting; Horizon to host the EC for their weekend meeting; along with meet and greet, dinner/entertainment, Gnostic Mass, lunch etc. 10/21-23/05, QAMT. Shellay helping Onyieh to plan will need others. Good way to meet the Electoral College of Grand Lodge O.T.O.
Social events; ideas, feedback????; Movie parties; Yuri has a projector for EoC, pool, bowling for the winter months.
Growing the Horizon Oasis Community
- Open discussion; brainstorm; notes to be taken on poster paper.
- Advertise in Widdershins; Autumn is investigating
- Flyers; nice glossy flyers to post in EoC and other business
- Qtr Bills; with nice artwork on front and contact info on back
- Business cards; essentially nice, small items people can take with them
- Advertise in the Sinner
- Other places to advertise: Thinking of are target audience
- Tenzing Momo
- Clothing stores like Metro as an example
- Record stores
- Capitol Hill and U District
- Vegetarian restaurant
- Wet Spot
- Biz cards and qtr bills to pass out to individuals
- Meet once a month at a Coffee Shop for new people that are interested
- Meetup.com; Courtney to investigate
- Seapagan; not sure if still active; need to investigate
- Mass Days; need to be more welcoming
- Everyone should be more aware of new people attending; introducing yourself, getting them a missal and chatting with them a few mins.
- 'Outreach Officer', someone who is a designated Greeter, show up at least half an hour before Mass starts, stands by entrance and greets the new folks. This role can be rotated.
- Possible second event with social time in between in order to get to know the new people; hard to do with cleaning parties.
- Web; Internet ideas m- spam other yahoogroups
- Advertising to other OTO bodies, and visiting other local bodies
- Better advertisements; creating advertisement pages for bigger events to send out as links, have on Horizon website and print as flyers to post.